We respect your privacy
Gould Social Media (ABN:54 014 605 631) are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as well as other applicable legislation, such as the Spam Act, the Do Not Call Register Act.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information is any information that identifies or could identify you, such as your name, address and telephone number. We may collect and hold personal information about you that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our business relationship with you. This could include personal information that we collect when you sign up to our newsletter online, use our services, make an inquiry in relation to social media services, or otherwise in the course of participating in any Gould Social Media marketing or promotional activities.
The personal information collected may include your name, date of birth, address, contact details and information about your use of our services.
Personal information about you may be collected:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us via our website, by phone, letter, electronic form or in documents such as a credit application;
· From our own records of our business dealings with you;
· From your transactions with us, such as payment history and account history; and
You are not obliged to provide Gould Social Media with your personal information. However, failure to do so may limit Gould Social Media’s ability to action your request, or provide you with a product or service.
Purposes for handling personal information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
· Processing transactions, and delivering services;
· Operating our day-to-day business;
· Promoting Gould Social Media and its products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media;
· Performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties. (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes);
· Helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities;
· Developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or services;
· Protecting the security of our stores, staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention);
· Answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media;
· Recruiting staff and contractors;
· General planning and administration;
· We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
What we collect and how we collect it
Personal information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable such as your name, address and telephone number. We may collect and hold personal information about you that may include your name, date of birth, address, contact details and information about your use of our products that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our business relationship with you, for example:
· Provide information via social media pages such as providing your name or contact details via Facebook pages, or Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram accounts or other social media sites
· Attend a Gould Social Media function or event, we may collect your name, contact details and any dietary or accessibility requirements
· Enter a competition or complete a survey, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details along with your merchandise or services preferences and feedback
· Send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback through our online form or via our Customer Service Centre, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
· Apply for a job at Gould Social Media we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your and your referee’s contact details.
You are not obliged to provide Gould Social Media with your personal information. However, failure to do so may limit Gould Social Media ability to action your request, or provide you with a product or service.
Direct marketing and opting out
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to Gould Social Media, you consent to Gould Social Media contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone. You can opt out of being contacted by:
· Contacting our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com
Email and mobile communication
If you provide us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number. You may prefer to provide to us with your personal email address or phone number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
Disclosure of personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
· Financial institutions for payment processing
· Referees whose details are provided to us by job applicants
· Gould Social Media contracted service providers or partners, including: delivery providers, information technology service providers, venues and event organisers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, call centres, hard copy and electronic mail houses, external business advisers (such as recruitment advisors, auditors and lawyers).
· Regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws
· We may ask one of these third parties to contact you directly for a specific purpose, and provide us with information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
· We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any third party organisations to which we disclose your personal information are bound by the Privacy Act, and we are unlikely to disclose your personal information any overseas recipients.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You can access, update or correct your personal information (including financial and credit information) upon request by e-mailing the Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we do not agree with any corrections that you have requested, we are not obliged to alter your personal information. However, where we refuse to correct any personal information as requested, we will give you written notice of our reasons for refusal.
We hold your personal information in paper-based and electronic files. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information in our files is protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. All such files will be stored by Gould Social Media and be handled and stored in accordance with various physical and electronic security systems put in place for the protection of personal information.
We may use your personal information for the purposes of general marketing and promotional purposes, including to send you electronic messages. You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing information. In order to do so, you will need to request that we no longer send marketing materials to you by emailing us at: email@example.com
Questions and complaints
If you believe that we have breached our obligations under the Privacy Act in any way, you can make a complaint by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a complaint has been lodged, we will respond to you as soon as possible. You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone (1300 363 992) or email (email@example.com).
Collection of personal information through websites
When you visit the Gould Social Media website, our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes: the user’s server address, the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk, .nz, etc), the date and time of the visit to the site, the information or documentation that user downloads, and the type of browser used. We can also access clickstream data, which provides us with information on the paths a user takes when navigating a web page or the Internet in general.
Information is automatically collected through your use of Gould Social Media website through cookies. A cookie is a short piece of data that is sent from a web server to a web browser on the user’s machine when the browser visits the server’s site. The cookie is stored on the user’s machine, but it is not an executable program and cannot do anything to your machine. Whenever a web browser requests a file from the same web server that sent the cookie, the browser sends a copy of that cookie back to the server along with the request. In this way, the server knows you have visited before and can co-ordinate your access to different pages on its web site. A server cannot find out a name or e-mail address, or anything about a user’s computer, by using cookies.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the most up-to-date security measures are used on our website to protect personal information. Any data containing personal information, which we transmit via the Internet, is encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee that any information transmitted via the Internet by us, or you, is entirely secure. You use our website at your own risk.
This information is used and disclosed by Gould Social Media for purposes including statistical analysis and to assist Gould Social Media to improve the functionality and usability of the websites. Any and all comments, concepts and ideas submitted by consumers during the course of their visit to the Gould Social Media website become the property of Gould Social Media.
If you have any questions or concerns about transmitting your personal information to us via the Internet, you may contact us in other ways for you to provide us with your personal information:
Changes to This Policy